Monday, August 16, 2010

The gloss made it too slippery...


This was another homage to a book and cover photograph that I have loved for a very long time: Brazen Femme

I had intended to make this a playful and fun project about womens' crotch references, but bowed under the pressure of my partner at the time who was a commercial photographer. Insistent this project be of the highest quality, I agreed to go along.


Unfortunately, this took the fun out of the end product, and I was the only one who thought holding different tools in front of my crotch was absolutely hilarious.  During the crit, I couldn't come up with a damn thing to say about the work, as could no one else.

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen Semiotics of the Kitchen?
    I'm actually interested in this project. You should post some of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ole Semiotics of the Kitchen - so bloody serious...

    Let me dig up the images and I'll post them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Camilleri. I loved Brazen Femme.

    She was just in town performing in Swell at the cultch.

    I personally think that the flipper photo is rad.

    ReplyDelete